Spectrum is one of the known brands for providing satisfactory quality modems and services in the market. If you’re a Spectrum customer, it’s more likely that you’ve rented their modems for reliable and secure connection for sure.
No matter, whether you acquire their services for your home or business, they will always meet up to your expectations. But sometimes, modem being machinery do give hard time to its users. The problem arises when Spectrum modem online line blinked rapidly which made the enthusiasts anxious. So what does that blinking light indicates and how to solve it? Read on to know the detailed troubleshooting steps.
Howver if you don’t want to bother yourself by investing your time in long troubleshooting and errors fixation process, I would recommend you to buy a new modem and get a hasstle free life. Here is the top picks of our self-tested and selected Spectrum Internet Approved Modems.
Top 3 Modems for Spectrum Internet
- Approved to work by major service providers
- Superb performance at a great price
- Simple and easy setup using a mobile application
- Two Link Aggregation enabled Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two years of warranty
- Works with major internet providers
- Strong and speedy performance
- Supports multi-gigabit speeds
- Quick and simple setup
- Two years of warranty
- Compatible with major ISPs
- Great overall performance
- Plenty of additional features
- Easy setup and use
- Two years of warranty
Why does the spectrum modem light flash blue or white?
Modem flashing blue or white means it fails to provide proper internet access. The modem is not in a working state might happen due to the damaged coaxial cable or your modem is not activated yet.
It might be possible that the wires at the backend get loose. Most of the users neglect this expect and start to inspect different areas.
Furthermore, if you are living in areas where internet facility is hard to get or signal strength is really weak then you will face spectrum modem online blinking issues oftenly.
Also Read: Mesh Wi-Fi System And Its Benefits
What Do the lights on the Spectrum Modem mean?
The market is flooded with various types of Spectrum compatible modems. But here we are going to analyze Spectrum modems only. Each light on the gadget states a particular meaning. Like, it tells at which state the modem is and is it working properly or not?
So, let’s get started with the matter of the crux and see what does each light says:
- Solid green light states that the modem has a strong power connection
- When this light turns red, it’s a sign that the equipment is lacking somewhere and fails to work properly. Reset the spectrum modem for optimal functioning.
Solid Blue Light
- The modem is working the way it was designed.
- Currently operating with DOCSIS 3.1 version.
Solid White Light
- It’s in normal working condition.
- Currently functions at the state of DOCSIS 3.0.
- Internet connection is disrupted.
- The modem is trying to get back to a stable Wi-Fi state.
Blank state – No Light is Working
- When there is no light flashing, it means no internet access.
Well you have seen the meaning of each light, now lets get to know how to resolve the No Light and Blue/White condition.
Plenty of methods are out there to get your device and connection back in a working state. But it’s hard to recognize which one opt and when. Here we are listing some of them, if one is failed move to the next one. So, let’s get started.
Analysis of Loose connections:
The modem is surely inserted in a power outlet. Start checking the power connection by confirming that it’s perfectly connected and plugged into the board. Plus, double-check the power source in which the modem is plugged in should also be in a good condition.
If everything is working fine, move to the next step, the problem exists somewhere else.
Inspection of Wires:
In many cases, cables are real culprits. Over time, they are damaged or worn out due to weather conditions or some other problems. Check that cable carefully. It should be secured, tight, and firmly associated with the device without hindrances and bents.
If you find the signs of degradation on coax cable replace it with the new one. It’s a self-sufficient task that can be done in a few minutes.
Reboot your modem:
If nothing works, restart your equipment. Most of the minor problems and issues with the device can be easily managed by rebooting your equipment. Follow these steps one by one to reboot your spectrum approved modem:
- Unplug the power supply (Wait for at least two minutes. It gives the modem a chance to let all the energy out effectively.).
- Eliminate all the cables from the slots.
- After a few seconds, plug back everything.
- Turn on the button.
- Wait for the lights to turn into solid ones.
- Your modem is ready to reconnect with the internet.
Restart Your Router:
Instead of manual restarting your router, it is recommented to use My Spectrum Application to get the things done.
- Install it on your smartphone first.
- Or you can activate your account on Spectrum.net.
- Locate the service on the screen.
- Under that category, select internet.
- Choose the device.
- Now, press restart equipment.
However, if you find it difficult to reset it through application, you can go with the manual process by following these steps:
- Detach your power cable from the router’s back.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Connect it back.
- The router will take two minutes to establish its connection back with the broadband.
Tackle with the combo device: Modem-Router
Steps are quite similar to fix the blinking problem with the gateway devices as well.
- Unplug the power cord connected with the back of the gateways.
- Take out the internal batteries.
- Wait for 1 minute at least.
- Put the batteries back.
- Plug the power cord in.
- Wait for 5 minutes and let the gateway to restart.
Also Read: Cox Compatible Modems
Reset Cable Box:
Have you tried all of the above methods? But failed to get satisfactory results. Reset your cable box maybe it’s a real culprit behind this subject.
- Disconnect the power supply from the outlet or the back of the box.
- After 2 minutes, plug it back.
- Here, you’re done.
Check for Service Outage:
Not every problem initiates from the user’s end. If none of these methods worked out, it might be possible the services are intentionally down by your ISPs due to some maintenance issues.
It can be identified by logging in to their portal or by signing to the My Spectrum App.
Also Read: Best Blue Ridge Approved Modems
Last option: Customer Service Support:
Well, if no updates have been given on their portal regarding the matter of subject then it’s time to contact customer service support. Let them know and they will themselves inspect if the problem exists at the user end or not through the different diagnostic tests. Plus, it can be technical software or hardware problem which can be figured out by a technician only.
In case of faulty equipment, they will swap out with the new one.
Spectrum is famous for providing high-end services but it feels hectic when you are caught in a light blinking situation. Most of the time problem exists at the user’s end. In no time this issue can be resolved without putting in much effort.
If none of these tricks and tips worked then contact to the customer service portal. They are available 24/7 to assist. Plus, for any query, you can approach us as well.